Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 04:44:40 UTC 2018

Hi Vishnu,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 3:42 AM, Vishnu <vishnum1998 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally was able to install it.
> And successfully run mpstats.

Great to hear that! You are making a good progress. Keep it up.

> root at vishnupc:~# /opt/local/bin/port content  mpstats
> Port mpstats contains:
>   /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mpstats.plist
>
> /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mpstats/org.macports.mpstats.plist.default
>   /opt/local/etc/macports/stats.conf
>   /opt/local/libexec/mpstats
>
> Mojca you said there will be a change in os statistics
> (http://stats.macports.neverpanic.de/os_statistics#os_platform) .
> I couldn't see any change.

When you run 'port contents <portname>' it lists you the files that
are installed by that port.

Here you would want to run '/opt/local/libexec/mpstats'.

Basically it shows me two options. But I would like you to explore the
command and let us know what you infer from them :)

If I give out the exact command you might not be able to try out other
commands available.

--
Jackson Isaac