Agility

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 06:52:21 UTC 2018

On 26 April 2018 at 08:21, Jan Stary wrote:

> What are the top three Trac features
> that Github issues don't have?

This is my personal list, others might have something different on
their priority list:

1.) Add labels for ports. This is a feature that GitHub issues have in
principle, but we considered it impossible to add 20k labels and keep
the list updated as new ports are added. (Maybe a github bot could
mitigate that issue to some extent.)

2.) I don't know how to make reports like this one
    https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mojca
(list all tickets I reported, list all tickets where I'm assigned,
list all tickets where I CC-ed myself, lest all tickets belonging to
one of these N ports, ...)

3.) This is not a problem for new issues, but for migration of old
issues: When attempting the initial migration, GitHub would not let us
keep the original ticket numbering and would assign a semi-random
number to the issues. It would also not let us keep the comment in the
name of the original maintainer, so people would would no longer be
notified of new changes (which would happen if they were authors of
those comments). I understand why GitHub would not let us do that, but
it was still somewhat annoying.

Mojca