Ports still using protobuf-cpp

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 16:12:37 UTC 2018

Quick status update on the protobuf-cpp -> protobuf3-cpp work.

Right now what remains to be fixed up is:

MyPaint
et
ola
raceintospace
rethinkdb
shogun-devel
sumo

(Note that in a couple of cases the dependency is indirect, via
py27-protobuf.)

Of these:

ola: has maintainers, and needs patches from upstream (prerelease) to
work. I need to get in touch with the maintainers.

MyPaint, et, shogun-devel, sumo: have maintainers, I haven't tested
them yet.

raceintospace, rethinkdb: have no maintainers, have tried testing, I
can't seem to get them to build with protobuf3-cpp. In the case of
rethinkdb our version is ancient. In the case of raceintospace our
version isn't that ancient.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org