Open Letter of Apology

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Sat Apr 28 02:37:26 UTC 2018

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 02:23:01 +0000 Zero King <l2dy at macports.org>
wrote:
> >Anyone have suggestions for alternatives? Should we just merge a
> >reversal? (I may do that temporarily anyway.)
>
> Use "git revert" for that. We intentionally disabled force pushing
> because it could cause trouble for forks and our infrastructure.

Yah, I figured that out. I'm used to projects where I work with much
smaller groups. Anyway, I believe I've done the right reversal
commit. It would be useful if someone could double check my work --
I'm pretty exhausted and though I was quite careful I may have missed
a revision or two on either end by accident.

And let me just say, git's UI is horrible. Yes, we're stuck with it
forever because the tooling is too good, but when you have to deal
with something like this and you don't use those commands every day
it's hair raising.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org