Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Apr 29 09:49:10 UTC 2018

On 29 April 2018 at 10:17, Jackson Isaac wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>

>> I would say that the next most reasonable step (apart from any other
>> thing from the list I sent in the beginning) would be to create a
>> repository and put all the documentation / plan / milestones / sample
>> page etc. to that repository.
>> This means:
>> - deciding for the name
>
> We can go with something like 'macports-buildstatistics' for repo name.

But keep in mind that this project will now contain a lot more than
just build statistics. It's:
- portindex
- build summary
- usage statistics
- whether the port is outdated
- etc.

So "buildstatistics" sounds too narrow.

> If it would be a branch under /macports-base then 'gsoc18-buildstatistics'.

Having it under base would be a bad idea since it will be completely
independent.

Mojca