Strange behaviour of trace mode in MacPorts 2.4.3 / 10.13

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 02:04:56 UTC 2018

The problem is that it is rarely clear that pkg-config is the missing thing. This script did say so. Often it just errors out with missing things that are clearly there.

When you do this for 20 years, I guess you just say “aha - pkg-config again!”.

For most of us, it’s "WTF is going on?”

But I knew I lost this one before I even sent the email. :>