[macports-ports] 01/17: cargo PG: modify comments

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 30 04:22:37 UTC 2018

On Apr 29, 2018, at 22:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I'm not talking about removing or altering Apple's copyright notices; of course they should remain. I'm talking about clause 3 of the license, the non-endorsement clause.
>
> I didn't claim we should add a second slightly different license in the affected files. I claimed that we should not state, due to copy/paste error, that Apple is involved in files they were not involved with. And in the files that they were involved with, I wondered if we can modify clause 3 of the license text from only mentioning Apple to mentioning both Apple and MacPorts.

For example, our LICENSE file was already changed from mentioning just Apple in the non-endorsement clause to mentioning both Apple and MacPorts, back in 2007:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/afa23c443cd9ee66df0f7b212ad9ed1f21055830

And Apple's name was changed from Apple Computer, Inc. to Apple Inc. in our LICENSE in 2009:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/b4cac8cd814dca61b1a263d2f86128375dc60baf