Homebrew hacked

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Aug 8 21:21:12 UTC 2018

On Aug 8, 2018, at 5:12 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>> BTW, in addition to these sorts of infrastructure issues, it might be a good idea if we were more expeditious and systematic about updating ports with known security holes. We might want a security officer role, too.
>
> Which FreeBSD has had for years (several peoole have been in that role), as has OpenBSD (don't know about NetBSD; I have an image, but never used it in anger as such).
>
> Good heavens, but is the Mac the only system that people use here?

Volunteer project ... I don't think anyone has volunteered to wear that hat.

(a long time ago, I was on a bunch of security-announce mailing lists and made sure to follow-up on any ports that looked like they needed patching, but I don't have free time to do that no - and the number of ports we have is /much/ larger).

--
Daniel J. Luke