"size" documentation

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Sat Aug 18 07:53:55 UTC 2018

On Aug 17 22:06:13, cal at macports.org wrote:
> I think the idea of the size keyword is to start to use it to display
> download progress bars for servers that do not send a Content-Length
> HTTP header (or do not have an equivalent of such a header due to the
> used protocol).

How many of the total number of ports have their distfiles served
by such servers? Would it be simpler to just not display a progress bar
in those cases, as opposed to introducing another keyword?

If the idea is to help display a progress bar (please make it in color),
why is it a 'checksum'? We already have much beter checksums.

curl it the one doing the download. If it can display a progress bar,
it will. If not, please leave it like that.

> This is currently not implemented.

Reminds me of 'platforms'.

	Jan