Q about post-extract recent commit breakage

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Dec 4 01:35:24 UTC 2018

Here's the error (just do "sudo port extract cmake-devel"; it results in this error on every OS I tested, from 10.5 to 10.14):
{{{
Error: Failed to extract cmake-devel: error renaming "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_sources_MacPorts_ports_github_macports_devel_cmake/cmake-devel/work/cmake-772edffbf0c08fc0a6fcf74fb98545b7afcfee13-772edffbf0c08fc0a6fcf74fb98545b7afcfee13" to "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_sources_MacPorts_ports_github_macports_devel_cmake/cmake-devel/work/cmake-772edffbf0c08fc0a6fcf74fb98545b7afcfee13/cmake-772edffbf0c08fc0a6fcf74fb98545b7afcfee13-772edffbf0c08fc0a6fcf74fb98545b7afcfee13": trying to rename a volume or move a directory into itself
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_sources_MacPorts_ports_github_macports_devel_cmake/cmake-devel/main.log for details.
}}}