[macports-ports] branch master updated: py-octave_kernel: don't try to install a file on every parse

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 2 21:55:41 UTC 2018

On Jan 29, 2018, at 20:23, Joshua Root wrote:

> Joshua Root (jmroot) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/2e764efee3293478fc1dd9788d64391ce2274b56
>
> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>
>      new 2e764ef  py-octave_kernel: don't try to install a file on every parse
>
> 2e764ef is described below
>

> commit 2e764efee3293478fc1dd9788d64391ce2274b56
>
> Author: Joshua Root
> AuthorDate: Tue Jan 30 13:22:04 2018 +1100
>
>     py-octave_kernel: don't try to install a file on every parse
>
>     Also don't bypass destroot, and don't make the subports conflict.
>     Fortunately this should have failed due to permissions, so no rev bump
>     or cleanup code should be necessary.

It did cause a kernel.json file to appear unexpectedly in the ports tree on the private rsync server. Because it was installed with 640 permissions, it caused a permissions error when the public rsync server tried to get it, which the administrator of the public server reported to me today:

> rsync: send_files failed to open "release/ports/python/py-octave_kernel/${prefix}/share/py-octave_kernel/kernel.json" (in macports): Permission denied (13)

Manually removing that "${prefix}" directory from the server has cleared up the problem and syncs to the public server are happening normally again.