[macports-ports] 01/02: pugixml: update to v1.8.1

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:23:42 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-13, at 4:54 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> -github.setup        zeux pugixml 1.7 v
>> -github.tarball_from releases
>> +github.setup        zeux pugixml 1.8.1 v
>
> Why no longer use the release download? If a developer goes to the effort of providing a release download, we should prefer to use that.

Advice requested. Here's why I changed it:

Using the tarball_from releases with v 1.8.1 generates this error:

=====
Error:

github PortGroup: Error: tarball name is not as expected. This might mean that the repository name is different than set in the Portfile. Please review and try to correct.
=====

This occurs presumably because the name of the directory does not match the version correctly, and is:

pugixml-1.8

and presumably should have been

pugixml-1.8.1

To fix this, you can force the worksrcdir in the Portfile, and this works:

github.setup        zeux pugixml 1.8.1 v
github.tarball_from releases

set worksrcdir      pugixml-1.8

But then you'd have to do an extra step to keep an eye on this going forward forever, as someday we'd see 1.9, 1.9.1, etc.

I know some of you know some fancy regex and might come up with a regex line that could fix this, but I don't grok that so well.

So given the directory name is not going to match the version correctly,  I decided instead to just make it a normal git tarball, and then it will work correctly forever, I figured.

What do you think?

Ken