Mirorring distfiles

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Feb 22 10:57:39 UTC 2018

Dear Ryan,

What is the current situaton with mirorring distfiles and some other
tasks? (Yes, I wanted to put that on the list as well. The other
semi-related issue is integration of xz library of course [and
renaming binaries for legacy systems :].)

On 21 February 2018 at 21:22, Clemens Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 05:33:53PM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> I have a few ideas, but I would like to gather more input about what
>> you consider the most burning issues that might need some discussions
>> or hacking sessions during the MacPorts meeting. We'll try to fit
>> those on the schedule.
>
> Oh, and we might also want to set up build jobs for mirroring of
> distfiles to get the ball rolling on this topic, too. The move to newer
> TLS is quite the issue for old systems.

>From what I recall Rainer or someone else has already written up the
code and it was only a matter of deploying the changes. Or am I
missing something? (I didn't check right now.)

It would be good to have a clear idea of what we can and cannot do
(what needs to be done by Ryan or in case he needs someone's help).

Mojca