Oh sh!t git

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 22 20:07:40 UTC 2018

On Feb 22, 2018, at 09:05, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> If, like me, you sometimes don’t get git:
>
> http://ohshitgit.com

I've seen that... but I modified the solution to the last issue to:

sudo port uninstall git

My problem isn't that I can't Google a how-to for performing a specific task. It's that when I do so, and attempt to follow the instructions, usually the first step results in a error message I don't understand that brings my git clone into a state I don't understand and can't recover from. Googling that error message leads to instructions which produce a similar result.