Ports with default modeline & lots of mixed tabs with spaces

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Feb 28 08:42:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

I sometimes stumble across ports which contain our default modeline
(claiming the Portfile should not use tabs) and then a weird mixture
of tabs and spaces all over the place.

When there is no maintainer, I would always fix such a port. I once
did it for a maintained port as well, just to see a commit immediately
after that reverting my changes, ending up in tab-space mixture again.

I agree that it's a bad habit to change the number of spaces in
someone else's port, but what's our policy for ports that contain a
mixture of tabs & spaces *and* the modeline? I now leave such ports
intact, but it's hurting my eyes.

Mojca