libressl vs openssl

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Mon Jan 8 17:47:14 UTC 2018

Hi Jeremy,

> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 06:03:17AM -0800, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> > There are some things that I want to do to the port (and OpenSSL)

It would be very nice if all ports currently depending on openssl
would build against libressl, and we could get rid of openssl
in favor of the way-superior libressl (until Apple replaces
it system wide. ha ha ha.)

I have a WIP that does that to some ports I use,
but as openssl and liressl are in conflict (obviously),
this needs to work for _all_ ports before such a switch can be made,
or users would be forced to choose between the two subsets.

Please tell me you have something like that in the works :-)

	Jan