10.13 builder on our BuildBot is failing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 11 16:33:31 UTC 2018

On Jan 11, 2018, at 09:56, Vincent Habchi wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2018, at 16:36, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
>> IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
>>
> Looks like a video issue?

It certainly does look like that!

I see some search results on Google from people encountering this problem trying to install macOS on Hackintoshes with various graphics cards, but we're running on Apple hardware with an Apple-provided graphics card. Granted we're running VMware ESXi on it and the VMs are seeing VMware's emulated graphics card, but everything was working before it unaccountably blew up.

On Jan 11, 2018, at 09:59, Vincent Habchi wrote:

> Maybe that can help?
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-high-sierra-ioconsoleusers-gioscreenlockstate-3-hs-0-bs-0-now-0-sm-0x0.234731/

I'm running the macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Supplemental Update now. I'm guessing that might have the side effect of rebuilding the boot caches. If that doesn't help, what specific suggestions from that thread were you advocating?