Redistributable binaries for 10.5 or 10.6 from C++11 sources

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jan 14 20:33:15 UTC 2018

On 13 January 2018 at 18:03, Ken Cunningham wrote:
> I know it can be done. TenFourFox does it. It builds with Macports
> infrastructure, required parts to support c++11 are moved into the
> application bundle, and there are scripts that appear to update the install
> names as you describe. There is a description in the "building tenfourfox"
> page. <https://github.com/classilla/tenfourfox/wiki/HowToBuild45>
>
> For 10.5+ only, all the libs could be @rpath based instead I believe.

Thanks a lot. I'll start playing with 10.6/x86_64 and see whether I
can convince @rpath to first resolve to the default system libc++ (on
10.7 or later, or on computers with libc++ from MacPorts for example)
and then to some shipped variant.

I used to build for 10.6/x86_64, 10.6/i386 & ppc on the same 64-bit
Snow Leopard VM. Doing C++11 cross-compilations for PPC is likely to
be mission impossible, so I'll need to find a proper PPC, but let's
see if I can get it working natively to start with.

Thank you,
    Mojca