[macports-ports] branch master updated: wxMaxima: update to 18.02.0 & development subport

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Jul 7 12:28:09 UTC 2018

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 02:17:00 -0500 Ryan Schmidt
<ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> As was discussed in the PR, the diff is hard to read because
> whitespace changes were made in the same commit as functional
> changes. They should have been done as separate commits. That
> should have been fixed before the PR was merged.

I could not get the submitter to fix things, I suspect because of
(human) language problems, and de facto, we were not going to get the
process to terminate, so in this case I simply accepted the issues.

> > +version             18.02.0
>
> This line should go away, since the github.setup line later on
> already provides this information.
>

> > +subport wxMaxima-devel {
> > +    conflicts       wxMaxima
> > +    long_description ${description}: \
> > +                    Provides the development version, which is
> > typically updated every day.
>
> Is that useful to mention? Are you really planning to update this
> port every day?

I attempted to get this fixed. It was, as I note, impossible to
convey the issue.

I strongly suggest that you simply fix the issues in question. Were
it not for the fact that I've had a lot of unavoidable drains on my
time recently, I would have hand-fixed all of the issues and
committed the (correct) changes myself, but I was not in a position
to do so.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com