multiple ports with stdlibc++ mismatches (all on 10.13)...

Andrew Moore slewsys at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:26:43 UTC 2018

On May 31, 2018, at 11:44 AM, Dr M J Carter <Martin.Carter at physics.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 07:49:23AM -0700, Ken Cunningham wrote:

>>> Did cxx_stdlib_overridden.tcl not set these up right for you?
>>
>> It appears it should have...
>>
>> I may have some inconsistency in my local MacPorts' database.
>
> Our build system recreates
> MacPorts from scratch from the tarball; as of 2.5.0, openmpi-gcc6
> builds, 3+ times over, for everything which depends on it, then gets
> rejected each time due to the libstdc++/libc++ conflict.

Just to clarify (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), a conflict is reported
for openmpi-gcc (and other ports) that link against against ${prefix}/lib/libstdc++.x.dylib
(provided by libgcc), but openmpi-gcc is okay.

Until the issue is resolved in MacPorts, you can:

1) Ignore the reported conflict,

2) If  CXX linkage isn’t needed in openmpi-gcc, remove it from openmpi Portfile
(i.e., remove from `configure.args’ `—enable-mpi-cxx’, which is disabled by default),

3) Update cxx_stdlib_overridden.tcl to include openmpi-gcc.  This is a hack, and
could damage your registry.  Caveat emptor.
-AM