How are other dev's filtering macports mail?

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Wed Jun 6 18:26:21 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 1:23 AM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> This may be something that would be useful to put in the wiki, but I thought I'd ask on list how other committers deal with the large MacPorts email volume. The way I've been doing it for many years doesn't work anymore (I missed notification of a PR because it looks like github sends me one copy of a notification with List-Id set even though it shows me on the CC line).
>
> For the longest time, I've just done filtering on List-Id into list-specific mailboxes, so messages directly to me (or that CC me) end up in my inbox like normal [Note that this still works just fine for trac tickets]. I could do matching on list-id but add an exception for when I'm CC'd (which may work), but could also miss some mail.

In Gmail, I have added to the filter something like the following -
subject:(macports-tickets Digest)
list:"macports-tickets at lists.macports.org" -{ijackson at macports.org}

Even I used to not get PR replies, mentions, etc. in my Inbox unless I
click on the folder.
Then I added a "-{<my_email_id>}" along with list-id and not if I am
mentioned or part of the
github PR conversation, I get the email in my mailbox rather than the folder.

--
Jackson Isaac