dbus does not install startupitem into /Library/LaunchAgents (was: Re: [MacPorts] KDE modified)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jun 11 22:22:19 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-11 17:29, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> OK. Now I see the symlink for org.macports.kdecache.plist, but the
> symlink for org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is definitely missing on
> my machine. As a consequence, dbus was not loaded in launchctl and KDE
> apps would not run for me this morning (until I loaded directly from
> /opt/local/Library/...). I do not have startupitem_install in my
> macports.conf, and so the default 'yes' should be in effect.
>
> Feel free to unroll my wiki edit (or I can do it). Should I open a bug
> on trac for dbus?

Indeed, something is broken with dbus. 'port notes dbus' also shows the
wrong paths.

dbus @1.12.2_0 still provided the symlink in /Library/LaunchAgents,
though, even after running a deactivate/activate cycle. After upgrading
to dbus @1.12.8_0, the symlink in /Library/LaunchAgents no longer exists.

It looks like the conditions checking for ${startupitem.install} are no
longer evaluated as expected.

Rainer