PortGroup vs. Portfile search strategy

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Jun 13 11:56:37 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-12 21:20, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Rainer Müller wrote on 20180612::18:22:46 re: "Re: PortGroup vs. Portfile search strategy"
>
> Hi,
>
>> The implementation of PortGroup is here:
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/port1.0/portutil.tcl#L2509-L2535
>
> Yeah, that one I was already familiar with. It's the hierarchical search algorithm that scans all trees until it finds a hit that I'm looking for.
>
> I guess I'll start by looking at the `port file` implementation.
>
> R.

There is nothing exactly like that, as looking up a Portfile relies on
the PortIndex in each ports tree. The closest we have would probably be
mportlookup:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/0f35ebbacf5f2f3b8e9a3147d69191bb86cceb2b/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl#L3022

Rainer

PS: Please remember to use Reply All.