quick Tcl globbing question: excluding lib*.[0-9.]*.dylib

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:44:33 UTC 2018

On Sunday June 17 2018 09:30:15 Andrew Moore wrote:

>foreach f [glob -tails -dir /opt/local/lib *.dylib] {
>  if {[regex {lib[^.]+\.dylib} $f match]} {

I have a hunch it might be easier to do a negated regex or string match.

>Note also that a port may provide only a lib*.[0-9].dylib.  Once example is XviD.

That's no problem here. The goal is to separate the link libraries from the runtime libraries, i.e. libfoo.dylib vs. libfoo.[0-9.]*.dylib , in the context of a (local) tinkerproject to automate the definition of Debian-style -dev ports as much as possible.
A port that only provides a library of the form libfoo.dylib would be more problematic.

R.