[macports-ports] branch master updated: libcaer: new port

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri Mar 2 04:14:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 01:44:03 +0100 Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org>
wrote:

> >> That would be nice to have, but do you have any idea how to make
> >> a safe setup (perhaps with a fresh/disposable VM for each PR)?
> >
> > It _is_ legal for us to run macOS VMs on Apple hardware, right?
> > It's only prohibited on non-Apple hardware?
>
> It's not a legal question. It's a technical question. We would
> ideally want to efficiently start a new VM for each test and then
> nuke it once the test in finished. Or implement some other way of
> reverting the state to 100% where it was before the PR.

Well, sure, but the host environment makes a bit of a difference for
the technical effort. For example, this means we can't (for example)
simply spin up a cluster in AWS at will. Perhaps using Docker for
macOS might be an option? I haven't played with it yet though.

Or is the build cluster already using VMs? I know nothing about it.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com