SPDX identifiers

Leonardo Brondani Schenkel lbschenkel at macports.org
Fri Mar 2 14:05:28 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-02 14:59, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I'm open to that. But whatever changes are made, the port_binary_distributable.tcl script has to work correctly with those changes.
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/blob/master/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl
>
> That script is used by the buildbot to determine which binaries we are allowed to distribute.

I can volunteer to do that (not immediately, but I believe I could do it
in the upcoming weeks). Just a thought: to make the implementation more
manageable, I could implement a mapping from SPDX to "license group"
(basically the ones that are there now) so the script still deals with a
smaller set of groups instead of all the possible individual license
variations. Would you find that agreeable?

A question: since it's important to get the license right, why aren't we
failing the builds for Portfiles with an unrecognized license?

// Leoanrdo.