#55884: mandoc @1.14.3: not using the right compiler

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 04:08:57 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-03, at 1:14 PM, Jan Stary wrote:

> What of I have two of those, with different Xcode on each?

That is undesirable for reproducible builds.

Most users have the default Xcode version for a give system, as Apple flushes all the updates that way.

If users report broken builds and we recognize non-standard configurations, we encourage them to use the default version of Xcode for their system, and generally report that the default toolchain installation is the only supported configuration.

Otherwise, chaos.

> Can you please indly point me to the place in MP base
> where the value of configure.cc get decided?

/opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl