Upgrading Pandoc

Andrew Moore slewsys at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:07:20 UTC 2018

> On Mar 4, 2018, at 2:18 PM, Mark Anderson <emer at emer.net> wrote:
>
> So I started trying to move pandoc from some older version to 2.1.1 but then I realized I needed to upgrade the Haskell compiler and libraries to do that. I got started, but wow, this is something else. Does anyone have tips about upgrading Haskell? Is there a magic to it or should I just keep slogging along and open a ticket?

Attached is a patch to the cryptonite library that's needed by older (pre-2012) computers.  Unfortunately, the patch is incomplete because it disables the rdrand instruction unconditionally.  Upstream has not been notified about the issue, as far as I’m aware…

If you’re building for an older computer, in order to use the patched library to build pandoc, pandoc’s stack.yaml needs to be updated accordingly.  A sample patch for stack.yaml is also attached.  It assumies that the (patched) cryptonite library is in the root of the pandoc source tree.

Yes, there is a bit too much magic involved.  I started with Haskell Platform “core installer” <https://haskell.org/platform/download/8.2.2/Haskell%20Platform%208.2.2%20Core%2064bit-signed.pkg> rather than MacPorts' haskell.  This might be a good starting point for an MacPorts update…
-AM