request for port create command, to build a portfile from a URL

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 7 13:32:04 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-07 11:32, Enrico Maria Crisostomo wrote:
> This is a little bit offtopic IMHO, anyway: I found surprising too that
> the github portgroup was not documented, given the high percentage of
> software that I build out of github repositories, and that's why I
> recently contributed the documentation of the github portgroup:
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/pull/12
>
> It has been merged some days ago. Yet, I don't see it online yet.

That is because we still have not any automatic deployment on
build.macports.org for any of our websites. I am irregularly running
these jobs from my local buildbot setup on my personal MacBook every few
weeks, which is the only reason they are not completely outdated.

I triggered another run of these jobs, so these changes should be
available shortly online.

Rainer