[mpbb] branch master updated: Add smarter distfile mirroring script

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 10 02:03:49 UTC 2018

On Mar 9, 2018, at 18:48, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2018, at 18:37, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> Joshua Root (jmroot) pushed a commit to branch master
>> in repository mpbb.
>>

>> https://github.com/macports/mpbb/commit/81c423f694d8c7860f14d7579dc8bdb27eec3dd6
>>
>> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>>
>>     new 81c423f  Add smarter distfile mirroring script
>>
>> 81c423f is described below
>>

>> commit 81c423f694d8c7860f14d7579dc8bdb27eec3dd6
>>
>> Author: Joshua Root
>> AuthorDate: Sat Mar 10 11:37:22 2018 +1100
>>

>>    Add smarter distfile mirroring script
>>
>> ---
>> mpbb-mirror-distfiles  |   2 +-
>> tools/mirror-multi.tcl | 248 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> 2 files changed, 249 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>

>> +   ui_error "Failed to initialize ports sytem: $result"
>
> Typo: system
>
>> +set platforms [list 8 ppc 8 i386 9 ppc 9 i386]
>
> powerpc, right? Not ppc?

The first run of this script on the buildbot hasn't completed yet after an hour, and I don't know how to check on its progress...

Admittedly, the commit touched all the qt5 ports, so with all the subports and rdeps it's over 500 ports, so it makes sense that it would take awhile.

Trying the script on my own system though, it seems to have problems:

$ ./mpbb --prefix /tmp/mpbb/prefix/ --work-dir /tmp/mpbb/work/ mirror-distfiles ncurses
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses +universal
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
ncurses with platform 'darwin 8 ppc'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 8 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 9 ppc'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 9 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 10 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 11 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 12 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 13 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 14 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 15 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
ncurses with platform 'darwin 17 i386'
--->  Fetching distfiles for ncurses
Error: Requested variants "" do not match those the build was started with: "+universal".
Error: Please use the same variants again, or run 'port clean ncurses' first to remove the existing partially completed build.
./mpbb: error: `mirror-distfiles' failed to run successfully