[macports-infrastructure] 02/02: buildbot: Update status on GitHub after each build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 13 15:15:15 UTC 2018

On Mar 13, 2018, at 07:50, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2018-03-13 13:27, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> Awesome :) :) :)
>>> Thanks a lot.

>>> I would probably only keep the port watchers.
>>
>> Surely we want to keep port builders, not port watchers?
>
> Hm, but we run multiple builders per commit.

Oh right. It just seems like if a commit builds just one port, then its annoying to have to click on the portwatcher details, only to have to click another link to get the portbuilder details to see what happened. And if more than one port builds, then once you get to portwatcher and you have multiple logs to click, but there's no indication of which log is for which port.

At the moment, portwatcher can also be marked as failed because of a failed mirroring job, and that might be annoying. Currently, for example, any port depending indirectly on mesa will fail to mirror, because its python26 variant is broken. This will clear itself up once distfiles are mirrored first, before portwatcher.

> I guess the context would
> then have to include the portname or the results would be overwritten again.

That could work. I kind of don't like the tiny little box that GitHub restricts the status information to. It's barely wide enough to contain the context string, and not wide enough to show the build status string. But if we make the context shorter, by removing "ports-" and "-portbuilder" and maybe even "-x86_64" we'd have more room for a port name.