app portgroup bouncing icon weirdness …

Kenneth F. Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:38:49 UTC 2018

I have made some suggestions to the app PortGroup that I think would be helpful, launch via a bash script and fixing up the PATH by default. Ryan has input several excellent suggestions, and I've incorporated those. My goal is to make the app PG so easy to use, you only have to include the PG and optionally spec the icon -- everything else will be automagic.

I'm having a slight issue, though, and as you guys are so smart, I thought maybe someone would know why.

The dock icon on the ports I launch via the bash script generate via the app PG seem to never stop bouncing -- they bounce and bounce, until the application is finally quit, and then disappear. The app seems to work just fine. (I use these mainly for gtk2 and gtk3 apps with GUIs, like pan2 and calculate-gtk, and I use them with +x11 rather than +quartz).

Anyone have any insight into this bizarreness?

<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/1426>

Best,

Ken