Python default version

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Sat Mar 17 14:44:38 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 8:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> The python portgroup defaults to version 2.7, and in ports that have python variants, I've used that version by default as well.
>
> I was reminded by the members of the MacPorts meeting that it has been announced that python 2's end-of-life will be in 2020, which is coming up.
>
> Should we change the default python version to 3.6 now, or soon?

I agree to the decision to default to Python 3. I would say we should
set a milestone for the default version.

Probably in the next release cycle ?

I have been using Python3 for my work most of the time.
Haven't really touched Python2 much in a long time other than for some
particular use case.

--
Jackson Isaac