[macports-base] 14/18: fetch: Remove svn.method option

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 21 14:33:47 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-21 14:34, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>> Thanks for pointing me to the netpbm port, I had not discovered it yet
>>> during testing.
>>
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/a10c4dc37f73423195ebb50a921714a6cdd62728
>>
>> With this commit, the whole fetch phase for netpbm would boil down to:
>>
>> fetch.type          svn
>> svn.url             http://svn.code.sf.net/p/netpbm/code/
>> svn.subdirs         advanced userguide
>
> That makes perfect sense and sounds super useful in general. Just a
> question: what happens to the filename (and checksums) when the user
> changes the value of svn.subdirs?

Good point, the checksum will change, but the filename of the tarball
will stay the same (currently ${distname}.${fetch.type}.tar.bz2).

We would handle this by setting the dist_subdir option when the contents
of the tarball changes, similarly to what we do for stealth updates.

> Random semi-unrelated suggestion (I didn't check how you solved the
> problem yet): if I was you, I would add
>     --config-option=config:miscellany:use-commit-times=yes
> to flags passed to subversion. (I just discovered that flag because I
> had some problems on some buildbot setup and could not make that
> setting work without a special flag.)

The tarball generation will determine the timestamp of the requested
commit and use that as mtime for all files (but it does this by
instrumenting bsdtar/libarchive instead of modifying the metadata of the
files on disk).

Rainer