GSoC-Announcements distributed over the ports tree

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 22 12:52:12 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-22 10:57, Abhishek Kashyap wrote:
> Can I use Itcl script for using object oriented features?

At the moment, itcl is not used anywhere in base and not shipped with
MacPorts. Tcl and its packages shipped with base can be found in the
vendor directory:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/tree/master/vendor

For object-oriented programming I think it would be better to look into
TclOO, as that was merged into Tcl 8.6 and is available as a package for
Tcl 8.5, which we are still using. However, I have never used any of
these, so I cannot compare their style.

Rainer