Gsoc

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Mar 25 19:41:21 UTC 2018

On 25 March 2018 at 18:49, Abhishek Kashyap wrote:
> Till now i have niether get any feedback nor any sugestion,

Organisations were announced on the 12th of February. I believe it is
somewhat unrealistic to expect from volunteer mentors from different
time zones to study your proposal and write substantial feedback in
less that two hours on a day that most would spend away from
computers.

> What can i do?
> Any tips

I haven't seen you submit any patches or trying to contribute some
code or trying to prove us your competence/ability to finish the
project. If you have free time waiting for feedback, it would probably
be useful to spend it working on that.

Sadly we lack some "good first issue" tag and I'm not sure what would
be a suitable easy task that doesn't require a lot of preliminary
familiarisation with the base.
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Meetings/MacPortsMeeting2018/Roadmap
A simple task where we need help in the ports would be for example this one:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54839

I'm not too familiar with implementation details, but I have some
troubles with English in the proposal and there are no "stretch goals"
(for example how you could continue after the GSOC, what's the vision
for which there would be no time during the summer etc.).

Mojca