[macports-ports] branch master updated: PROJ: Upheaval to make proj4 and proj compatible. LASZIP: Initial commit PDAL: Initial commit

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 26 02:05:52 UTC 2018

On Mar 25, 2018, at 19:54, Rainer Müller wrote:

> This commit added gis/laszip/Portfile, but we already had gis/LASzip/Portfile.
> This causes a path clash and breaks working trees on case-insensitive filesystems.
>
> I hope the solution I just committed was what you intended:
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/2ffdb1f82ffb29c87ba65e717ca410575052f195

Following this situation, my clone of my fork of macports-ports on case-insensitive HFS+ was hosed in a way I did not know how to unhose. Here's what I tried:

$ git rebase upstream/master
Cannot rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Please commit or stash them.
$ git status .
On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 687 commits.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

	modified:   gis/LASzip/Portfile

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
$ git checkout gis/LASzip/Portfile
[...]

I ended up fixing it by copying the entire clone to a case-sensitive HFS+ disk image, running "git checkout gis/LASzip" and "git checkout gis/laszip", then copying the clone back to my case-insensitive HFS+ disk. If there was an easier way to fix this, I'd love to know it for future reference.