[macports-ports] 01/03: cargo: New portgroup for cargo build system

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 27 07:37:06 UTC 2018

On Mar 27, 2018, at 01:40, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Rainer Müller (raimue) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/191337a7fe59d51b5fa03f124278afd0e620f3cb
>
> commit 191337a7fe59d51b5fa03f124278afd0e620f3cb
>
> Author: Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org>
> AuthorDate: Tue Mar 27 05:20:11 2018 +0200
>

>     cargo: New portgroup for cargo build system

Nice work!

Looks like cargo is similar to npm; something like this portgroup is what I had envisioned for supporting ports that use npm. Well, npm has a way of generating a json file that contains the locked-down versions of all of the dependencies, so I imagined that the npm portgroup would just use that json file, from the files directory for example, rather than requiring its contents to be translated to tcl and put into the portfile.

> +# The distfiles of the main port will also be stored in this directory,
> +# but this is the only way to allow reusing the same crates across multiple ports.
> +dist_subdir             cargo-crates

Until I implement:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55936