Port trees for specific versions of MacOS

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:52:40 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-28, at 10:04 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I'm not sure I follow nor that I agree with what I think I understand. If pegged ports are ports no longer supported (in that form/version) on the main tree, why would they have to follow what the main tree does with their current version?

e.gl. things like this, from ffmpeg:

    # as of 1.6.0 libvpx only supports darwin 10 or later
    if {${os.major} < 10} {
        depends_lib-delete port:libvpx
        configure.args-replace --enable-libvpx --disable-libvpx
    }

I actually have a pegged libvpx for 10.4 and 10.5 in the repo. So if someone wanted to optimize this, they would have to look into that.

Ken