trac rrdtool

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue May 1 14:11:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-01 15:20, macports at parvis.nl wrote:
> searching for open tickets on rrdtool, I don't understand some things.

[...]

> What is happening here? Did these people perhaps made a patch on basis
> of a rrdtool patch and didn't change the filename?

The guide uses "Portfile-rrdtool.diff" as an example filename [1]. Some
users seem to take that literally and submit patches with that name.

When looking for open tickets for a particular port, it is usually
better to filter by the "port" field. You can use the search box on the
Tickets wiki page [2] or a custom query [3].

Rainer

[1] https://guide.macports.org/#development.patches.portfile
[2] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tickets#Searchingforexistingtickets
[3] https://trac.macports.org/query?port=~rrdtool&status=!closed