[macports-ports] branch master updated: duck: clear configure.cxx_stdlib flag

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 7 04:26:46 UTC 2018

On May 6, 2018, at 15:34, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2018-5-6 20:37 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On May 5, 2018, at 20:54, Joshua Root wrote:
>>
>>> We record what stdlib it was *asked*
>>> to build with in the registry. The stdlib it actually was built with is
>>> determined by inspecting the binaries.
>>
>> Which is precisely why it is more or less required that the author of the Portfile correctly specify in the Portfile the stdlib that the binaries were built with, right? So that it gets recorded correctly in the registry? So that rev-upgrade won't claim there is a mismatch?
>
> If you specify one it needs to be correct, yes. But rev-upgrade won't
> claim there's a mismatch if you clear configure.cxx_stdlib. You didn't
> ask for it to be built with any stdlib in particular, so whatever it
> uses is OK.

I expected this to be used for dependencies too. (If it isn't used that way now, maybe it can be in the future.)

For example, the libxl port uses a binary built with libstdc++, so it uses "configure.cxx_stdlib libstdc++" to inform MacPorts base of that. If I now make another port that uses C++ and libxl, it too must use libstdc++. If I forget to write "configure.cxx_stdlib libstdc++" in that new port, MacPorts base could notify me that there is a C++ stdlib mismatch between this port and its dependency. If libxl hadn't indicated which stdlib it uses, that would not be possible.