osxfuse kludge

Chih-Hsuan Yen yan12125 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:30:56 UTC 2018

Perry E. Metzger 於 西元2018年05月07日 23:50 寫道:

> I'd like to draw people's attention to the following pull request:
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/1749
>
> It temporarily hacks around the persistent osxfuse problem described
> in:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54939
>
> by
>
> 1. Automatically setting the CI system to apply the symlink
>    workaround so dependent ports can be tested
> 2. Suggesting to users that they apply the symlink workaround if the
>    port fails to install for them.
>
> Although hacky, neither of these seem dangerous. In particular, the
> latter leaves it up to users to apply the kludge on their own and
> does nothing itself.
>
> I'm inclined to commit this. Thoughts?
>
> Perry

Thanks for bringing this up. If applying the workaround on Travis CI is
acceptable, I'd like to ask whether it's feasible to apply the
workaround on buildbots, too. Currently, osxfuse is binary
redistributable, and there are prebuilt packages for Darwin 13 to Darwin
16 [1]. If MacPorts provides prebuilt osxfuse for High Sierra, users can
enjoy osxfuse without bothering with their Xcode installations.

Regards,

Chih-Hsuan Yen

[1] http://packages.macports.org/osxfuse/