New project member: vishnu

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed May 9 07:15:24 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-09 03:49, Zero King wrote:
>> Do you want to join the MacPorts team? If you would like to be
>> considered for team membership and commit access, please read this
>> section of the Guide:
>>
>> http://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.membership.html
>
> Was PortMgr aware of
> https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/commit/ca0e023ffff9b69f879159927a6357f3494da59c?
> Should we revert this change or always use GitHub handle as MacPorts
> handle for future members?

Yes, PortMgr was aware of that. A recent vote decided to change this
policy, but the guide was not yet updated.

Under the new policy, using the GitHub username is still supposed to be
the default. We would ask for the GitHub username, but optionally it
should be allowed to also specify a different handle for the
@macports.org forward.

Rainer