Qt5 port group

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Wed May 9 12:18:27 UTC 2018

> On May 8, 2018, at 5:06 AM, Vincent Habchi <vince at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I was in the process of modifying the Qt5 Port group to allow for choosing the Qt version one wants to link an application against using variants. However, before I go further, Iā€™d like to know if concurrent installations of different Qt5 versions are supported in MacPorts. If not, what I do is just futile.

Um, there are subports for each Qt5 version.  Picking one at random:

$ port info qt57-qtwebkit
qt57-qtwebkit @5.7.1_1 (aqua)
Variants:             debug, examples, tests, universal

Homepage:             http://qt.io

Extract Dependencies: xz
Build Dependencies:   python27, pkgconfig
Library Dependencies: fontconfig, icu, leveldb, webp, libxml2, libxslt, zlib, sqlite3, qt57-qtdeclarative, qt57-qtlocation, qt57-qtmultimedia, qt57-qtsensors, qt57-qtwebchannel, qt57-qtxmlpatterns, qt57-qtbase
Conflicts with:       qt3, qt3-mac, qt56-qtbase, qt58-qtbase, qt5-qtbase, qt55-qtbase, qt59-qtbase
Platforms:            macosx
License:              {LGPL-3 GPL-3 OpenSSLException}
Maintainers:          Email: mcalhoun at macports.org, GitHub: MarcusCalhoun-Lopez
                      Policy: openmaintainer

Notice that the port depends on several Qt5 ports which are all specified at the same level (ā€œ57ā€).  It conflicts with other versions of Qt.

Is that not sufficient?

Craig