create several startupitems for different variants of the same port?

macports at parvis.nl macports at parvis.nl
Mon May 14 19:31:12 UTC 2018

Is it possible to create several startupitems for a single port?

Munin always needs a startupitem for munin-node ans uses 'startupitem.create yes'.

Next is munin-server, needs to run every 5 minutes, the current port uses a plist with StartInterval 300, but that doesn't work because the runtime is vary variable, also modified by system load. StartCalendarInterval also fails if a single run takes more than 5 minutes. I replace this with a good old crontab.

There are new variants needed, first is for munin-asyncd, a new daemon. if I use 'startupitem.create yes', the startupitem for munin-node is not created, I think because the startupitem is for the port, not for the variant.

Maybe there is an option for startupitem2 and more?