Ticket Commit Request

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue May 15 18:51:01 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-12 17:56, Allan Que wrote:
> I am requesting the commit of tickets #56438
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56438> and #56440
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56440>. I am not their maintainer and
> these are not under openmaintainer, but I am taking advantage of
> maintainer timeout.

Done!

> Also, can macportsbot send PR email notifications to ports without
> GitHub nicks? I much prefer PRs instead of Trac but, in keeping with the
> Port Update Policy, I feel the need to document these notifications
> especially on closed-maintainer ports.

At the moment, we cannot send notifications on GitHub unless we know
their GitHub username. The macportsbot tries to lookup the GitHub
username from the Trac database based on the mail address, but there is
currently no check whether it would be available. Eventually the goal is
to have the GitHub usernames in all ports [1].

Once you have filed a ticket, the maintainer was already notified about
it. The clock for maintainer timeout should begin ticking at that point.
Afterwards, you could also file a pull request with the patches and link
to that in the Trac ticket. Include a "Closes:" line in your commit
message to automatically close the corresponding Trac ticket when the
pull request is merged.

Rainer

[1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56050