MacPorts 2.5.0-beta1 now available for testing

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:38:49 UTC 2018

> On May 26, 2018, at 12:27 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> The error occurs when there is a mismatch between which C++ standard library a port says it uses (by setting configure.cxx_stdlib, or by leaving it set to its default value) and which C++ standard library it actually links with.

Right.

Indeed I did not realize that each and every portfile would be examined for cxx_stdlib overrides for each different system configuration, and that would be integrated into the check mechanism for the build.

So if he had wanted to (and assuming the linkages worked out), Zero could have also just as correctly put

configure.cxx_stdlib libstdc++

into his unar portfile, and left things alone.

Ken