port livecheck macport

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 30 20:20:48 UTC 2018

On May 30, 2018, at 12:48, macports at parvis.nl wrote:

> $ port livecheck macports
> MacPorts seems to have been updated (port version: 2.5.0, new version: 2.5.0-rc1)
>
> missed this one in the release process ?

Doesn't really matter; nobody but MacPorts release engineers should be doing anything with the MacPorts port, and I hope to phase it out entirely in the future. Livecheck is used by developers who want to know if a new version of software exists upstream; since we are the upstream providers of the MacPorts software, we already know when new versions are released; we don't need to use livecheck on this port. We could just turn livecheck off. But for now I've fixed the livecheck to skip non-stable versions:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/e311180236fe209b3fbb720187c2b15e39c068df