[MacPorts] #56562: jbig2dec @0.14: checksum mismatch (was: jbig2dec @0.14)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 31 06:28:57 UTC 2018

On May 30, 2018, at 16:31, macports at parvis.nl wrote:

> On 2018-05-30, at 21:47, MacPorts wrote:
>
>> #56562: jbig2dec @0.14: checksum mismatch
>> -----------------------+----------------------
>> Reporter:  pdvnl     |      Owner:  (none)
>>     Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
>> Component:  ports     |    Version:  2.5.0
>> Resolution:            |   Keywords:  haspatch
>>     Port:  jbig2dec  |
>> -----------------------+----------------------
>> Changes (by ryandesign):
>>
>> * keywords:  has patch => haspatch
>>

>> Comment:
>>
>> GitHub-hosted software should be fetched using the github 1.0 portgroup,
>> not by manually specifying `master_sites`.
>>
>> --
>> Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56562#comment:1>
>> MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
>> Ports system for macOS
>
> It was a very recent portfile, the change was from a master site to github, agreed.
> Do you expect me to add the github portgroup to the portfile? Will do next time.

Portfiles for software hosted on GitHub should use the github portgroup, which is documented in the Guide.

Here are all the changes I ended up needing to commit:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/e8f91e903435a2d4eb2ba343fded106818f59a27

Unfortunately there were rather more changes than I would have liked, due to this particular software misusing GitHub as a file distribution platform.