Tesseract

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 5 03:56:12 UTC 2018

On Nov 4, 2018, at 15:49, Mark Anderson wrote:

> Good news, Tesseract 4.0.0 has been released and it builds with cmake just great.
>
> Bad news, the training data is now in a separate repo and needs to be manually moved.
>
> The training set, is also in another repo, but that can be a variant.
>
> Should I just load all the training data, or is there a way to pull from one file of a tag from git and move it someplace?

I don't know tesseract, so I may not understand all your terminology.

The existing tesseract port for version 3 already has a subport to install the trained data for each language, which is downloaded as a separate file. It seems to me that the only thing that needs to change there is the download location to point it at the new repository.

I didn't understand what you meant by the data needing to be manually moved.